What is Workflow Optimisation?
Workflow Optimisation is a new, systematic approach to processing incoming clinical correspondence, such as letters or emails.
It trains Workflow Administrators to process this correspondence from receipt to completion. It has already been implemented in many GP practices and received positive feedback.
Co-created by an administrator and GP who understand the challenges general practices face, Workflow Optimisation is a powerful tool to unlock time for GPs, up-skill staff and improve experiences for people using Primary Care services.
What is the purpose of Workflow Optimisation?
- Help patients make informed decisions about their care with their clinician.
- Processing clinical correspondence in a timely, safe and efficient manner, ensuring that medical records are up to date.
Why implement Workflow Optimisation?
Workflow Optimisation works!
Over 500 practices have been trained already with more Workflow Optimisation roll-outs planned. The results so far tell us that:
- Up to 80% of all clinical correspondence can be processed by a Workflow Administrator. This saves GPs an average of 40 minutes per day, which equates to 120 hours per year.
- The quality of data is enhanced in patients’ medical records.
- GPs are able to spend more time with patients and on more complex issues, on innovation and development programmes or matters requiring complex decision making and increasing resilience within the practice as a whole.
- The process is proven and safe. The 500 trained practices have a proven governance structure reviewed by Medical Defence Organisations.
- Administrators feel empowered to take on broader roles supporting General Practice and report high levels of job satisfaction.